Sodyo is the first technology that enables O2O – Offline to Online – interaction at any distance
Sodyo has developed a new color-based technology which enables interaction between smartphones and any digital or physical object around us.
Our technology is the only viable technology today for transforming all indoor and outdoor media platforms to fully smartphone-interactive. You can add Sodyo FarQR Codes to a central billboard sign, a TV broadcast, a small packaging badge or a magazine, and your customer will enjoy the same quick and simple user experience.
For the first time, brand owners and advertisers can be offered a comprehensive smartphone-interactive product within any advertising platform. The FarQR Codes we create are unique in that they are colorful, can be branded and do not take-up an un-proportioned real-estate from your ad or product space. Due to the underlying patented technology and very small computational power required by the smartphone to detect, capture and interpret the FarQR Codes, the user is guaranteed a superb experience in terms of capturing speed and overall response time and feedback.
Sodyo Color Vertex Points (CVP)
What is a CVP
A CVP is the intersection point of different colors as shown below.
Each CVP includes multiple colors with a mathematical ratio that is kept invariant under various conditions (different illumination conditions and media types – that typically affect the color appearance), therefore allowing Sodyo to build a robust tagging solution that is adaptive to external conditions such as lighting and more.
The tagging system is based on an algorithm that focuses on CVP detection as opposed to detection of the actual color patches applied in other tagging technologies such as QR codes. That eliminates the need for “wasted” tag area, needed for registration and color reference, and contains no data. Many of Sodyo’s unique qualities are a result of that approach. See an illustration of the basic information unit in Sodyo tags as compared to typical 2D codes:
Sodyo CVP Benefits
Since a CVP contains a few colors simultaneously, it is straightforward to verify that the colors comply with the color-relations conditions. In addition, the CVP’s are unique enough to not appear accidently in the real world.
These characteristics along with others allow us to present a very quick code identification technology and extend it to a distance that cannot be achieved utilizing with other existing technologies such as QR.
In addition, the small size of Sodyo’s tags (1% of the area relative to typical 2D codes), the external boundaries of the code are not essential for correct detection. This fact allows tailor maid special tags for specific needs. As seen below:
What makes Sodyo unique?
- Distance – The scanning distance is at least 100 times the size of the tag, which is similar to the observation distance of a normal human. Order of magnitude (~ x10) longer scanning distance versus size compared to other coding methods. For example a 5X5 cm tag can be detected by a typical smartphone from at least 5 meters. In perfect match with TV viewing requirements.
- Omni Media – Sodyo codes can be used on any media or platform such as TV, LED displays, LCDs, billboards, projection, print of any type under varying illumination conditions and wide scanning angles.
- Design worthy – Since the information is stored in the color junctions (CVPs) the outer shape itself is arbitrary if the CVPs are contained within it. Therefore, the shape of the tag is customizable, and can be used to convey additional information such as the brand / use type as well as pure aesthetic value
- Speed – The CVP is scale invariant. One simple filter extracts all the CVPs without the need to apply scale analysis nor affine transformations. As such, our codes can be scanned in a rate > 20 fps with pre-caching of data contributing to instant response experience.
|Detection range:||~10 times the size of the code||~100 times the size of the code|
|Designed for:||Hand reach||Eye reach|
|Appearance:||2D Black & White standard codes||Colorful customized code|
|Platforms||Designed for print||Any digital or printed platform|
Sodyo provides an end-to-end platform that includes Sodyo’s colorful tags, a software development kit that enables scanning sodyo tags from any application on both IOS and Android and our SAAS platform that includes reporting and analytics, administration and content creation among others.
See our system overview below:
- Sodyo Tags: Sodyo’s colorful tags with CVP technology can be scanned with any smartphone camera.
- Sodyo Software Development Kit (SDK): Sodyo provides an SDK that allows integrating Sodyo’s scanning capabilities into any mobile application quickly and easily. The SDK is available for IOS and Android.
- Sodyo CDN: Sodyo brings content close to the user via Amazon CloudFront based content delivery network (CDN).
- Sodyo Server Site: Sodyo Amazon Web Services based server site is a high availability environment that is online, monitored and secured.
- Sodyo SAAS: Sodyo provides a wide range of services that include administration, content authoring, reporting / analytics and more.
- Reporting / Analytics: sodyo provides reporting / analytics dashboards that provide a full picture of users’ interaction.
- Content Authoring: a web based application allowing users to create, manage and provision content
- Content Management: a web based application allowing users to create, manage and provision content.
- User Management: a management module allowing organizations to manage their users.
Sodyo’s CVP technology is protected by strong patent portfolio with claims that are easy to enforce.
Patent applications in national phase:
- “Anchors for location-based navigation and augmented reality applications” – Containing the basic protection and definition of CVP, http://www.freepatentsonline.com/20150116356.pdf
- “Display Synchronization Using Colored Anchors” – Containing the extension of the technology to displays and second screen interaction, http://www.freepatentsonline.com/WO2015083055A1.pdf
PCT application (not public domain):
- “Hybrid visual tagging using customized colored tiles” – Containing the tag customizable shape freedom.
Get a Demo
Want to try Sodyo for yourself? Give us your details below and we will get back to you shortly.